Monster Mobile Update: 2 down, 2 to go

So far I’m done with the frame (ages ag0) and I’ve finally stopped procrastinating on which monsters to make.  I decided a while ago to make four monsters of varying bright shades of cotton yarn, however deciding on which patterns to use and manipulate has taken me a while.  I’ve had this image in my mind of what I wanted and it’s taken me some time to make sure I get it right.  I’ve been thinking from the start to make it inspired by Monsters Inc. and Where the Wild Things Are.  So far, I’m in love with what I’ve made!  The first monster is based off the pattern Wilfrid the Geek by Angela Tennent.  He’s bright purple and I’m using buttons for eyes and making some “scary” felt teeth.  The next completed monster is based on Rebecca Danger’s Bunny Nuggets.  I’ve enlarged the pattern and added some scary (once again “scary”) teeth and I’m making him bright green.  I’m currently obsessed with this Teddy Monster pattern by Mari

sa Gibler but I’m not sure if it’s right for the mobile.  Either way, I MUST make it so it’s getting added to the queue.

Advertisements

3 responses to “Monster Mobile Update: 2 down, 2 to go

  1. nice! like the patterns; the teddy monster is adorable!

    • I think it’s too big to go on the mobile but I absolutely have to make it!! If you look at the ones that have been made on ravelry there’s so many different options for colors, hair and eyes. I’m stoked!!

  2. This a one-of- a- kind mobile that I would like to hang over my full size bed! :] Such a cool project!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s