So a few months ago I began volunteering at an amazing organization in San Jose. I feel like every new volunteer experience that I have in the field of Communication Disorders is such a wonderful opportunity for me to learn and SBICares.org is certainly no exception. Spending my time here once a week is very motivating to me as I begin preparing to apply to graduate programs.
Check out this video about Services for Brain Injury:
Posted in Speech / School
Tagged Brain Injury, San Jose California, SBI, Services for Brain Injury, Silicon Valley, Speech Language Pathology, Speech Therapist, Speech Therapy, TBI, Traumatic Brain Injury, Volunteer, Volunteer work
This year is going to be a big one for me so I’m going to make a list of my resolutions. I did pretty good in 2010 but I think 2011 is going to be my year. Here’s my resolutions:
1. Go on more hikes. (hikes make me happy and I need to be outside more)
2. Knit myself a sweater or cardigan. (I’m afraid of big projects and I need to conquer my fear! I’m thinking of making this one: Kimono Wrap.)
3. Prioritize my future and work hard this year so that I have options with graduate school. (this really doesn’t need any explanation. This year’s classes will determine where I get into grad school so I need to work hard to open up some doors)
4. Go to more yoga classes and work on my self-awareness. (always a necessity)
5. Make more time to volunteer at organizations like Free Arts. (I’m a registered volunteer but I don’t get the chance to go very often because of my work schedule. I need to prioritize this more because this is such an awesome organization)
This is going to be a great year!
Posted in knitting, Speech / School, yoga
Tagged Communicative Disorders, CSUF, Free Arts, Graduate School, hiking, Joanne Yordanou, knitting, New Years Resolution, sweater, Volunteer, yoga